Studio Anne Carlton Shakespeare & The Globe Chess Pieces
(You save $50.00)
- 2016 marks the celebration of 400 years since the death of William Shakespeare and Studio Anne Cartlon considered that a chess set on the theme of the poet would be very much admired and apreciated by their collectors. This chess set is about a group of artistes, entertainers and actors living in London in Elizabethan times. The King is a playwright and the Queen, Bishop and Knight are intimate colleagues who enact his works as performers in the Globe Theatre.
- All are meticulously hand executed in fine detail. The chess pieces of this glorious depction of Shakespeare's Globe abound with allegorical icons from both the written word and the spoken word. Books, manuscripts, folios and feather quills decorate the chess pieces alongside the swirling fabric curtains of the theatre and the well trodden planks or boards of the stage.
- Studio Anne Carlton are very pleased to provide a range of chess boards especially handmade in Europe. The durable presentation box is gold foiled with the name of the chess set and protected in a strong direct despatch box. The chess pieces are insterted into specialy prepared cut foam and packaged in a strong hand made box covered in quality red leather effect paper. All made in the UK. The presentation box is gold foiled with the name of the chess set and protected in a strong despatch box.
- Board NOT included. Made from polystone. Water based acrylic paint. Suitable for chess boards of 50cm minimum.
- Full set of 32 high quality hand painted playing pieces
- King height: 13.5cm
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed